Welcome to the 2019 What an Animal Reading Challenge. I began hosting this challenge in 2010, when I took it over from Kristi at Passion for the Page. I love reading books that feature animals and am going to host this one again. I hope you will join me.
The challenge will begin on January 1, 2019 and end on December 31, 2019.
The rules are really simple. I am changing it up a little bit, though...read on...
1. Any book read for this challenge has to have an animal that plays a major role in the book (which could be fiction or non-fiction.) It also counts if a main character is (or turns into) an animal (define that however you'd like). In the past, books would qualify if an animal is in the title or on the cover, but that alone no longer qualifies. This challenge is for books related to animals and just because they are in the title or on the cover, doesn't mean it's about an animal.
These are the levels.
Level 1 - Read 6 books
Level 2 - Read 7-12
Level 3 - Read 13-20
Level 4 - Read 21 or more
2. The animal can be any type of animal (real or fictitious)--dog, cat, monkey, wolf, snake, insect, hedgehog, aardvark...dragon, mermaid, centaur, vampire, werewolf...you get the idea...
My books for this one:
- Hello, Baby Animals--Lorinda Bryan Cauley
- Wolfsbane--Andrea Cremer
- Oh So Brave Dragon--David Kirk
- Fletcher and theSpringtime Blossoms--Julia Rawlinson
- Phoebe and Her Unicorn--Dana Simpson
- Soof--Sarah Weeks
- Pedro's Burro--Alyssa Satin Capucilli
- All That Glitters--Lisa Ann Scott
- The Cat Who Sniffed Glue--Lilian Jackson Braun
- The Zookeeper's Wife--Diane Ackerman
- Wings That Shine--Lisa Ann Scott
- Pig Kahuna--Jennifer Sattler
- How to Train Your Dragon--Cressida Cowell
- Bloodrose--Andrea Cremer
- Copycat Killing--Sofie Kelly
- Fourth of July Mice--Bethany Roberts
- Piper Morgan to the Rescue--Stephanie Faris
- Pete the Cat and the Bad Banana--James Dean