It's back, once again using a checklist. Some categories have been changed, however. To participate, you must read a minimum of five memoirs from any of the categories listed. One book can only count for one category. Re-reads are acceptable. You do not need a blog to participate. All book formats count.
- Books must be read on or after January 1, 2021 to count.
- Challenge runs from January 1 to December 31, 2021.
- Books may cross over to other challenges in which you are participating.
- Books must be labeled as memoirs to count.
- You do not need a blog to sign up. You may keep tract of your progress on Goodreads, Amazon or other similar sites with a shelf dedicated to this challenge. Or sign up on Youtube, Facebook, or Twitter.
Here are the categories:
- X Mental Illness Memoir: Furiously Happy--Jenny Lawson
- X Other Illness Memoir: The End of Your Life Book Club--Will Schwalbe
- X Political Memoir: The Truths We Hold--Kamala Harris
- X Food Memoir: From Scratch--Tembi Locke
- X Animal Memoir: A Street Cat Named Bob--James Bowen
- X Music Memoir: Waging Heavy Peace--Neil Young
- X Travel Memoir: The Hare With Amber Eyes--Edmund De Waal
- X Written by a person of color: Assata: An Autobiography--Assata Shakur
- X Written by a woman: To Love and Let Go--Rachel Brathen
- X Written by a person who identifies as LGBTQIA: Untamed--Glennon Doyle
- X Written by an actor or a comedian: If You Ask Me--Betty White
- X Written by an author or journalist: Thirteen Senses--Victor Villaseñor
- X Written by any other celebrity: All In--Billie Jean King
- X Written by someone under 40: Hillbilly Elegy--J.D. Vance
- X Written by someone over 40: Touched by the Sun--Carly Simon
- X Written by someone from a country different from your own: Geisha, a Life--Mineko Iwasaki
- X One you find thought-provoking: Miracles and Grace in an Unlikely Place--Charisse Tyson (reread)
- X Made into a movie: Beautiful Boy--David Sheff
- X Graphic Novel memoir: Lost Soul, Be At Peace--Maggie Thrash
- X Bestselling memoir: The World According to Bob--James Bowen
- X Humorous memoir: Let's Pretend This Never Happened--Jenny Lawson
- X Fictional memoir: Memoirs of an Imaginary Friend--Matthew Dicks
- X Won an Award: Lab Girl--Hope Jahren
- X Published in 2021: Crying in H Mart--Michelle Zauner
- X Published in 2020 or earlier: Men We Reaped--Jesmyn Ward
- X Under 300 pages: Girls Like Us--Rachel Lloyd
- _ Over 300 pages: Shrinks: The Untold Story of Psychiatry--Jeffrey A. Lieberman
- X One you want to re-read:Bitch--Elizabeth Wurtzel
- X On a favorite subject: A Gift From Bob--James Bowen
- _ By a favorite celebrity
- X Free choice: Sister Outsider--Audre Lorde
- X Free choice: Girl Walks Out of a Bar--Lisa F. Smith
- X Free choice: The Poetry of Strangers--Brian Sonia-Wallace
Calling challenge complete on December 22
I completed this year's so will definitely take part in next year's
I adore memoirs and read them often.
I signed up for this in 2019 but didn't read anything. The books I selected last year are still sitting on my bookshelf so I plan on trying the challenge next year.
looking forward to reading even more memoirs in 2021 didn't quite make goal in 2020 but still have lots of new choices for 21
I'm joining, here's my link
Post a Comment